We understand the inconvenience of a home emergency and the trouble in finding a tradesman when you need one – in the last year we have done it 21,000 times.
Home Assist is a 24-hour helpline providing assistance for emergency household repairs that need to be carried out within 2 hours of the call and that could result in consequential damage. It may also refer to a situation where a client has no access to essential services such as electricity, hot water or sanitary use.
- Service providers are dispatched in the event of electrical and plumbing problems, locksmiths, glaziers or if an essential appliance needs to be repaired.
- The service provides for three incidents per calendar year or per year from policy inception.
- The cost includes call-out and first hour labour to a total value of R500 but excludes costs related to parts.
- Assistance will be provided in the event of non-emergency repairs; the member will then be liable for costs and must settle directly with the service provider at the time of repair.
- Customised claims management, reporting and support.
- Europ Assistance SA has a national accredited panel of reliable repairers and will enforce workmanship warranties where possible.
Electrical Repairs include:
- Distribution boards, circuits, main cables
- Earth leakage relays
- Geyser connections, thermostats and elements
- Plug points causing power failures
- General house wiring
- Light fittings or switches causing power failures
- Lightning strikes on wiring
- Burnt connections
- Connections to all electrical motors e.g. electric gate motor
- Municipal connections inside of the property
Plumbing Repairs include:
- Visible burst water connections and pipes
- Municipal connections inside the property
- Blocked drains, toilets, baths and sinks
- Geyser overflow valves (lacto and pressure release)
Locksmith Repairs include:
- Keys broken off or lost for the main entrance or exit to a house.
Appliance Repairs include:
- Washing machines
- Stoves (only if complete function is lost – if one or more plates are working it is not deemed to be an emergency repair)
Terms and Conditions
Electrical Repairs exclude:
- Electric gates and doors
- Jacuzzi, swimming pool or borehole pumps
- Air conditioners and commercial refrigeration
- Repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS and others
- Geyser solar panels
Plumbing Repairs exclude:
- Jacuzzis, swimming pools or boreholes
- Leak detection inspection
- Repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS or others
Locksmith Repairs exclude:
- Burglary incidents
Appliance Repairs exclude:
- Damages to cosmetic parts (parts not influencing the operation of the appliance)
- Repairs to items damage due to theft, rust, fire or ordinary wear and tear
- All appliances not listed above
General Terms and Conditions
- Incidents not attended to on the instruction of a Europ Assistance SA case manager will not be considered after any repair.
- Emergency repairs outside of the domestic dwelling are not included i.e. office premises, public buildings or outbuildings not attached to the main building etc.
- A repair incident is considered per service category, e.g. if an electrician is called out to repair a fault on the distribution board, as well as an electrical connection, this is treated as one call out.
- If an appliance is still under warranty, it will be referred to the manufacturer for repair.
- The benefit period is one calendar year, and the benefit does not accumulate, but is a maximum amount per incident.
- Service guarantees vary and will be stated on the service provider’s invoice.