Home Emergency Assistance
Home Assist is a 24-hour helpline providing assistance for emergency household repairs that need to be carried out and that could result in consequential damage. It may also refer to a situation where a customer has no access to essential services such as electricity, hot water or sanitary use.
- Service providers are dispatched in the event of electrical and plumbing problems, locksmiths, glaziers or if an essential appliance needs to be repaired.
- The service provides for three incidents per calendar year or per year from policy inception.
- The cost per incident includes maximum R1 000 call-out and first hour labour, but excludes costs related to parts.
- Assistance will be provided in the event of non-emergency repairs; the customer will then be liable for costs and must settle directly with the service provider at the time of repair.
Electrical Repairs include:
- Distribution boards, circuits, main cables;
- Earth leakage relays;
- Geyser connections, thermostats and elements;
- Plug points causing power failures;
- General house wiring;
- Light fittings or switches causing power failures or lightning strikes on wiring;
- Burnt connections;
- Connections to all electrical motors e.g. electric gate motor;
- Municipal connections inside of the property.
Plumbing Repairs include:
- Visible burst water connections and pipes;
- Municipal connections inside the property;
- Blocked drains, toilets, baths and sinks;
- Geyser overflow valves (lacto and pressure release).
Locksmith Repairs include:
Keys broken off or lost for the main entrance or exit to a house.
Appliance Repairs include:
- Washing machines;
- Stoves (only if complete function is lost – if one or more plates are working, it is not deemed to be an emergency repair).
Terms and conditions
Electrical Repairs exclude:
- Electric gates and doors;
- Jacuzzi, swimming pool or borehole pumps;
- Air conditioners and commercial refrigeration;
- Repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS and others;
- Geyser solar panels.
Plumbing Repairs exclude:
- Jacuzzis, swimming pools or boreholes;
- Leak detection inspection;
- Repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS or others.
Locksmith Repairs exclude:
- Burglary incidents;
- Padlocks and safes.
Appliance Repairs exclude:
- Damages to cosmetic parts (parts not influencing the operation of the appliance);
- Repairs to items damage due to theft, rust, fire or ordinary wear and tear;
- Any appliances not listed above.
General Terms and Conditions
- Incidents not attended to on the instruction of a Europ Assistance SA case manager will not be considered after any repair.
- Emergency repairs outside of the domestic dwelling are not included i.e. office premises, public buildings or outbuildings not attached to the main building etc.
- A repair incident is considered per service category, e.g. if an electrician is called out to repair a fault on the distribution board, as well as an electrical connection, this is treated as one callout.
- Appliance still under warranty are referred to the manufacturer for repair.
- The benefit period is one calendar year, and the benefit does not accumulate, but is a maximum amount per incident.
- Service guarantees vary and are on the service provider’s invoice.